about 1 year ago
Our client is a petroleum refiner in the Dallas area looking for a Global Compliance Director. The position is critical to maintaining confirmation of compliance by the Company and its employees with the law, all applicable rules and regulations, and Company policies and procedures, and developing a culture of compliance and behavior in the organization that meets or surpasses the Company’s Standards of Conduct.
· Develop, initiate, and maintain policies and procedures for the overall operation of our global Compliance Program (e.g., FCPA, UK Bribery Act).
· Manage day to day operation of global Compliance Program.
· Review and update Standards of Conduct.
· Oversee and/or assist with internal investigations and compliance in various areas, including bribery/corruption, antitrust, import/export and environmental issues.
· Implement international compliance measures.
· Develop, plan and present written, graphic and verbal compliance program awareness, education and training.
· Provide subject matter training on issues/topics embodied in the Code of Business Conduct and ethics relevant policies.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in international compliance and related issues
· A minimum of 5 years of managing an international compliance program for manufacturing, energy, heavy industrials, chemical, oil or related industry, is required.
· A minimum of a four-year degree in Business or related area is required; a JD is also required.
· Advanced reading and writing skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with strong verbal communication, negotiation, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer focus.
· Advanced ability to identify discrepancies and determine alternative courses of action.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, including spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail and database applications.
· Ability to implement new systems and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness; and effectively interpret plans and procedures.
· Ability to perform at least intermediate level mathematical calculation