San Francisco, CA, USA
9 months ago
A large client of ours, a global digital payments technology firm is looking for a Compliance IT and Systems Director to spearhead a new initiative as they focus on new product lines. This position could be based in one of several locations in the US.
In this role, the Compliance IT and Systems Director will be responsible for the product management of compliance systems and applications across AML and Sanctions program, working closely with AML colleagues across the globe. You will be a proactive contributor AML and Sanctions strategies, procedures and policies. The Director reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer and interfaces with the technology teams on Compliance’s behalf.
- Interprets change requests submitted by the AML and sanctions or selected regional compliance team members, guides overall solutions based on system possibilities, and facilitates implementation of the change requests using the appropriate Visa technology resources.
- Act as business system administrator for the AML and sanctions systems and applications for user management, business rules management, and configuration management activities.
- Leads all business requirements, design workshops, and weekly status meetings for all compliance systems and applications projects.
- Provide statistical modeling and analytics across AML transaction monitoring activities, for use in generating finer granularity of AML alerts data.
- Assesses system Actimize health and functionality. Identifies concerns and leads solutions for technology issues.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the AML and sanctions policy, procedures and practices.
- Promptly and accurately prepare and deliver reports to senior management, AML/ATF and sanctions team members, and regional compliance team members involved with the initiative.
- Act as a subject matter expert on all AML and sanctions systems and applications; and provide relevant technical guidance to the regional compliance AML and sanctions program team members, when warranted.
- Co-ordinate projects and prioritizes deliverables to meet timelines efficiently, and adapt quickly to changes in priorities.
- Report periodically on business operations status and escalate issues to senior management.
- 10+ years of implementing AML, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC systems.
- Experience with Actimize (WLF, CDD, SAM, and IMF modules) or similar compliance tools preferred.
- Experience with Money Transmission environment and requirements preferred.
- Ability to translate business requirements to system parameters and architecture.
- Excellent approval and documentation standards for system decisions and implications.
- Hard worker who is self-motivated and adept at coordinating and working on multiple and varied tasks.
- Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company.
- Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to interpret rules and policies and clearly articulate applicability to programs
- Strong project management and organization skills to keep large cross-functional teams delivering towards a common goal.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch with an updated resume.