5 months ago
Hamlyn Williams is working with the world’s highest-valued fintech company, who is also an affiliate company of a multinational company, specializing in e-commerce, retail, internet, and technology. We're looking for a Compliance Officer to lead the Compliance function for the business in Turkey and report and support the Head of Legal and Compliance, EMEA.
- Develop and maintain Alipay International’s Compliance Program in the region.
- Primary company liaison with BRSA
- Help establish and maintain regulatory and other compliance systems, policies and procedures in Turkey.
- Support development of International Compliance function, including developing Compliance policies and procedures, working in conjunction with AML compliance in managing AML Compliance risks, coordinating with other relevant teams in managing and responding to regulators in relation to data privacy, consumer protection, and providing compliance regulatory risk assessments and program implementation in Turkey and EMEA, etc.
- Lead and support applications for, and continuing maintenance of payment institutions, payment systems, e-money licenses and other similar Fintech-related business licenses in jurisdictions where Alipay International conducts its businesses in Turkey and wider EMEA region.
- Liaise with Turkish regulators, including coordination for any regulator’s on-site inspection, if required.
- Conduct internal compliance training and education program from time to time.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; or equivalent work or legal experience.
- 6 to 10 years of relevant compliance or similar experience.
- Strong regulatory/compliance knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of Fintech, payment systems, money transmitter licensing and stored value licensing and similar legal and regulatory requirements in key strategic markets in Turkey/Europe.
- Certified member of ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists) will be a bonus.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments or financial services preferred.