5 months ago
The position is primarily responsible for ensuring the overall compliance of the Company with relevant rules, regulations and/or ordinances promulgated by the relevant authorities. He/she is also responsible for monitoring compliance to the various risk limits mandated by Company management in the conduct of its business
- Ensure that the Compliance Manual and all policies and procedures prepared by the Compliance Department are kept up to date;
- Monitor the Company’s regulated business activities and ensures compliance with the relevant rules, regulations and/or ordinances. This includes conducting compliance checks on a monthly and ad hoc basis if needed;
- Implement the required corrective action and prepares the necessary reports to senior management for any regulatory issues;
- Prepare and ensure the accurate and timely submission of the required regulatory reports to the relevant authorities;
- Where required, regularly liaise and communicate with regulators to ensure compliance concerns are immediately addressed. Coordinate and respond to queries from internal and external auditors as well as regulators;
- Monitor and distribute key and applicable communications and updates from the regulatory authorities to relevant departments within the Company;
- Where required, conduct training to all staff on the relevant rules, regulations and/or ordinances. Ensure that all staff are updated on the relevant changes in the regulatory framework;
- In the event of regulatory breaches, where required, inform the HKMA/SFC/ other regulatory bodies, the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive and/or Alternate Chief Executives of such violations and recommends the proper corrective action;
- Prepare required reports for management including the Risk Management Committee at both Board and Management levels;
- Assist with AML/CFT transaction monitoring and any other tasks as required by senior management from time to time;
- College graduate preferably with a degree in business or law. Postgraduate degree, diploma or certification in compliance and risk management fields will be an advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Risk Management, Compliance or Legal role with a financial institution or a relevant regulator.
- Proficiency in Hong Kong securities law and banking regulations, risk management processes, investment products and services.
- Detail-oriented, mature and able to work independently
- Above-average communication skills, proficiency in oral and written communication. Knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese will be an advantage.