South Bend, IN, USA
7 months ago
I am working with a bank in Indiana and we are searching for two Compliance Officers to take on roles reporting directly to the CCO. These positions serve in an advisory role to the bank on consumer compliance laws and regulations and executes the Bank’s independent regulatory compliance review program. This will be accomplished through a compliance management program and compliance review program that include a risk assessment process, regular compliance reviews and reporting, complaint management, and meetings with department heads and senior management.
- Effectively communicates with various departments as needed to provide responses to compliance inquiries as they relate to the various federal and state banking regulations.
- Seeks out, develops and maintains knowledge and skills through completion of continuing education and training pertinent to the position.
- Reviews, analyzes, and provides guidance on all aspects of bank compliance, including but not limited to: new and changed regulations; new, modified, and expanded bank products and services; changes in bank processes; and customer complaints.
- Assesses and advises management on regulatory compliance risk.
- Executes or oversees the third-party execution of compliance reviews to periodically evaluate the bank’s level of compliance with banking laws and regulations.
- Reports on compliance risk through written reports to, presentations to, and discussions with management at all levels of the bank.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- (Ideally) 3-5 years' worth of financial institution regulatory compliance experience. Relevant graduate-level education, such as a law degree, may be substituted for experience.
- Prior experience reading, analyzing, and summarizing laws and regulations is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform research and analysis on unfamiliar topics with little direction.
- Strong attention to detail. This position requires the ability to carefully assess proposals, ask relevant questions, and obtain material information necessary to provide actionable compliance guidance.
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working with little or no supervision.
- Highly motivated with the ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete projects/responsibilities in a professional and timely fashion.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to interact freely and comfortably with staff and management at all levels.
- Proficiency with PC utilization, standard office software (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
If you are interested in discussing further, please get in touch with an updated resume!