3 months ago
A banking client is looking for an experience Compliance Officer to take on a role which will not only support the whole Compliance function but also act a senior head with a newly established branch for the bank. The Compliance Officer will be primarily responsible for overseeing compliance within the organization, and ensuring compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures at local, regional, and federal levels. This role also requires someone who can manage 1 individual also, this role will report in to the local General Manager of the branch.
- As the compliance leader and subject matter expert, the Officer will be responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- The Compliance Officer has to provide reasonable assurance to senior management and the Board that there are effective and efficient policies and procedures in place, well understood and respected by all employees, and that the company is complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to improve business' understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements; acting as a resource to all coworkers with regards to understanding compliance requirements and how they affect products and services
- Developing the annual compliance work plan that reflects the organization's unique characteristics, and revising the compliance plan in light of changes periodically.
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties, without fear of retaliation.
- Guiding the compliance team in a productive and professional way, and overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the compliance program.
- Interacting with regulators on compliance issues, and coordinating efforts related to audits, reviews, and examinations; assisting Head Office to have good discussions with auditors, reviewers, and examiners.
- Coordinating internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments, and monitoring external review processes.
- Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance.
- Conducting enhanced due diligence for customers at on-boarding and periodically throughout the duration of the relationship, and making sure new account registrations comply with relevant laws, rules and regulations.
- Conducting vendors’ risk assessment and reporting the outcomes to H.O. on an annual basis.
- Establishes and executes an independent compliance monitoring program based on the results of the consumer compliance risk assessment. Communicates and ensures corrective actions are taken for any identified procedural or training weaknesses to preclude regulatory violations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Compliance related Certification (CAMS or CRCM)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in banking compliance and AML
- Management experience is highly preferred
- Mandarin language skills are preferred but not required
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as collaboratively and effectively with international, multicultural and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with limited resources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Well-seasoned professional with outstanding leadership
If this opportunity interest you, please get in touch: email@example.com