$57,000 - $85,000
5 months ago
A banking partner of ours in Texas is looking for a Compliance Officer to join thier growing team. Reporting directly to the VP of Compliance and Community Development, this person is responsible for assisting the VP, Compliance and Community Development Manager in supporting and maintaining the Bank’s Compliance Program.
As a Compliance Officer, you will:
- Supports and assists with efforts to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of current and changing federal and state (as applicable) banking laws and regulations with an understanding of how they apply to and impact bank functions.
- In collaboration with business units, assists in the identification and assessment of compliance risks and evaluate the adequacy of mitigating controls.
- Assists business line personnel in understanding applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assists with execution of compliance monitoring plan including review conclusions, maintaining work papers, and writing reports.
- Assists with the preparation, review and updating, as necessary, of regulatory policies, procedures to ensure the bank’s compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
- Assists with the implementation of changes to new or amended bank regulations, particularly ensuring that officers and employees are informed of and trained in those changes.
- Prepares written drafts of formal compliance review reports concerning the bank’s record of compliance, to include a listing of any deficiencies, violations of law, and recommendations for improvement.
- Researches regulatory issues to assist with response to compliance questions from Bank personnel, utilizing available resources.
- Reviews Bank forms, notices, brochures and advertisements for compliance with laws and regulations
- Assists in preparing the Bank for audits and regulatory examinations, including responses to examination and audit tracking and follow up as directed.
As a Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Two to four years or more of work as a bank regulatory compliance or bank examination experience or bank compliance auditing experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with all levels of bank staff
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Four year college degree
- Certification as a regulatory compliance professional is preferred – CRCM or CCBCO
- Five or more years of bank regulatory compliance experience or bank examination experience
If you are a skilled Compliance Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Austin Good, email@example.com or (619) 350-6195