San Francisco, CA, USA
9 months ago
This Business Unit Compliance Officer (BUCO) role will support the operations group. This group is responsible for credit card servicing and set up; booking of cards to the servicing system; ongoing account maintenance; billing; payment processing; exception resolution and clearing; payment processing; file management; and additional support. The BUCO must have strong knowledge of these functions and the corresponding regulatory requirements.
Reporting into the Head of Compliance, this job will be the central point of contact for all Operations Compliance matters. The BUCO will support projects with regulatory impact and act as a point of facilitation and escalation for day to day operations compliance matters.
The incumbent also ensures the effective rule interpretation and exercises due diligence in providing support across Product Operations.
The role contributes to the Company’s overall business results but does not have specific direct financial measures associated with it. The role impacts Product Operations and organization, and influences central governance functions. It is critical to achieving and maintaining an effective risk and control governance framework, and to achieving regulatory compliance with external legislation and regulations that impact management of specific operational risks.
- 5+ years of related Retail or Institutional Compliance and Credit Card Operations experience
- FinTech or startup experience
- Hands on experience testing regulatory controls, monitoring controls and identifying risk breakdowns in controls and processes
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the business unit's product line
- Expert understanding risk and regulatory requirements
- Providing "hands-on" compliance support for these operations groups requires knowledge of all aspects of the process, from application through servicing and workouts
- Project management capabilities; high degree of organization, prioritization, problem solving and analytic skills
- Advanced leadership skills: managerial, relationship building, communication, decision making, conflict management/resolution, decision-making
- Expert planning skills (re finance, resource, strategy, business)
- Negotiation skills
- Expert change management skills
If this role interests you, please get in touch!