about 1 year ago
A client of ours, a mid-sized bank in Washington, is looking for a Compliance Officer to join its Compliance team.
The Compliance Officer works as part of the compliance team supporting the Bank in mitigating compliance risk and assisting in the development, implementation, training and administration of the compliance management program. This position acts as project manager partnering with departments affected by changing laws, regulations or procedures, to insure appropriate changes are implemented and assists in the education and training of others on the team or organization. Requires strong working knowledge of consumer protection regulations as well as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA).
- 5+ years’ experience in compliance.
- Working knowledge of consumer compliance laws including CRA, lending, deposit and general compliance regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience performing banking industry duties preferred
- CRCM certification preferred
- Serves as one of the Bank’s regulatory lending experts. Fields questions presented by all areas of the bank including HLC, CRC, Deposit, SAD, Appraisal and operational areas
- Identifies and assists with community development initiatives that align with the Community Reinvestment Act and business objectives to sustain satisfactory lending test performance with a specific focus on lending for low to moderate income (LMI) individuals and geographies.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of rules and regulations relating to the Community Reinvestment Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and other CRA related laws, regulations, guidance and published Q & A.
- Interprets, writes and delivers information on regulatory change
- Writes policies and procedures for internal use as well as assisting with the review and editing of policies and procedures developed by line units to ensure they are designed to ensure compliance
- Actively reviews industry materials, publications, blogs, notices and bulletins to determine if changes should be made in policies or procedures based on changing examiner focus
- Assists in external reviews as assigned, including uploading materials, obtaining required documents or researching questions
- Identifies areas of the Bank’s internal controls in which tests are needed
- Performs statistically significant reviews within deadlines, writes reports and obtains management responses
- Independently manages implementation projects with line units to include identification of regulatory requirements, communication, implementation, edits, reviews and all steps necessary to ensure compliance
- Assists external auditors, regulators, and other examiners during routine audits and examinations of the Bank
- Prepares written reports, spreadsheets, tables and charts to deliver professional results in executive summaries
- Identifies areas requiring improved internal control practices for new and existing environments and/or products.
- Provides selected one-on-one or group training to business units as requested or warranted by performance.
- Recommends methods to improve monitoring techniques, emphasizing efficient and creative use of bank resources
- Represents the Compliance Department at various meetings and on various implementation/conversion projects.
- Maintains knowledge of customer, industry, and other best practices and apply this knowledge to compliance projects to include the management of the compliance program.
If this opportunity in of interest to you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.