about 1 year ago
The Compliance Specialist works as part of the compliance team supporting the Bank in mitigating compliance risk and assisting in the development, implementation, training and administration of the compliance management program. This position assists the Compliance Officers in partnering with departments affected by changing laws, regulations or procedures, to insure appropriate changes are implemented and assists in the education and training of others on the team or organization.
- 1-2+ years’ experience in compliance.
- Working knowledge of consumer compliance laws.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience performing banking industry duties preferred
- CRCM certification preferred
- Works in conjunction with the Bank’s Compliance teams
- Writes policies and procedures for internal use as well as assisting with the review and editing of policies and procedures developed by line units to ensure they are designed to ensure compliance
- Actively reviews industry materials, publications, blogs, notices and bulletins to stay abreast of changing examiner focus and regulatory issues.
- Assists in reviews and monitoring as assigned, including uploading materials, obtaining required documents or researching questions
- Identifies areas of the Bank where compliance controls have material gaps and identifies controls to reduce the gaps
- Performs statistically significant reviews within deadlines, writes reports and obtains management responses
- Independently manages implementation projects with line units to include identification of regulatory requirements, communication, implementation, edits, reviews and all steps necessary to ensure compliance
- Assists external auditors, regulators, and other examiners during routine audits and examinations of the Bank
- Prepares written reports, spreadsheets, tables and charts to deliver professional results in executive summaries
- In conjunction with Compliance Leads, helps to identify compliance risk for new and existing services and products.
- Researches methods to improve monitoring techniques, emphasizing efficient and creative use of bank resources.
- May represent the Compliance Department at various meetings and on various implementation/conversion projects.
- Works towards obtaining and maintaining professional certification and expertise through attendance at meetings of professional organizations, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of customer, industry, and other best practices and applies this knowledge to compliance projects to include the management of the compliance program.
If this opportunity in of interest to you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.