about 1 month ago
A banking partner of ours in Washington State is looking for a Consumer Lending Compliance Specialist to join their growing team. This person is responsible for providing direction for department’s compliance functions. Responsible for developing and ensuring compliance requirements and standards are in place and are consistently maintained.
As a Consumer Lending Compliance Specialist, you will:
- In conjunction with department manager, develops, implements, and maintains standards for department activities to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, bank policy, and audits.
- Prepares detailed reports for management, advising on problems related to quality control compliance risk in regards to loan servicing and collateral perfection quality controls.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of banking laws and regulations & supports various department operations work groups to ensure data integrity, compliance, quality control and operational risk requirements are met.
- Ensures departmental procedures are updated to reflect changes in law or regulations; oversees and develops changes to procedures to minimize compliance risk and maintain proper controls.
- Partners with Assistant Managers to test and implement new products, systems, and procedures, following department guidelines.
- Oversees departmental self-audits and certifications of Bank operations relevant to their department, documenting quality control compliance with state and federal regulations, and policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate records of department activities.
- Serves as Compliance Lead for the department, working in conjunction with Compliance department and leadership to ensure ongoing compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the department and division, writing and revising policies and procedures as needed, and communicating updates to the team.
As the Consumer Lending Compliance Specialist, you will need:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years minimum, 5+ ideally experience in Bank Compliance and consumer lending programs. CRCM designation preferred.
- Strong Consumer Mortgage Compliance experience
- Knowledge of applicable compliance regulations (CRA/HMDA/Fair Lending/UDAAP/ TRID/REG Z, etc.)
If you are a skilled Consumer Lending Compliance Specialist, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 350 – 6348