Los Angeles, CA
about 1 year ago
Our client is a leading regional bank in Los Angeles who is looking for a Compliance Testing Lead for the Trust/Fiduciary line of business. This Testing Lead will work under the direction of the CCO and have responsibility for the development and execution of a risk-based testing program within the Wealth Management lines of business. This includes the execution and maintenance of testing performed internally as well as independently validating and assessing self-testing executed by the business related to compliance. The Compliance Testing Lead will work with the lines of business and compliance peers to establish and maintain appropriate testing forums, testing schedules, and status reporting of all testing activity.
• Establish, design, and execute regulatory compliance testing of Wealth Management
• Work with the Line of Business as well as the Compliance Manager to ensure all rules applicable to the line of business and the products supported are identified so that testing priorities can be evaluated and established.
• Executes, organize and prioritize testing in a timely manner ensuring deliverables are achieved while maintaining accuracy.
• Develop and document detailed testing scripts covering testing of controls evaluations and testing of transactions to assess adherence to compliance rules.
• Prepare testing scope, work papers, and reports capturing final results of testing.
• Work closely with other Sr. Compliance Testing Officers and Testing Manager to ensure consistency among execution of testing and interpretation of rules.
• Keep up-to-date on changes in federal and state compliance laws and regulations impacting the group of assigned compliance focus area(s) and ensure testing scripts reflect such changes.
• Prepare and potentially present reports to management regarding status of compliance testing in areas of compliance focus.
• Review second line policies and standards for timeliness, completeness and accuracy
• Determine and communicate requirements for additional first line policies and standards
• Test compliance with policies and standards Identify key risk control gaps and deficiencies
• Deliver risk management training to the first line of defense Risk Controls Testing and Assurance Test the design and effectiveness of key risk controls
• 5+ years of experience within financial services industry with emphasis on regulatory requirements.
• 3+ years of experience executing testing efforts or exposure to audit, quality control or back office functions and results.
• Extensive knowledge of banking regulations, such as State and OCC regulations.
• Strong testing/audit background related to regulatory compliance rules
• Experience in Wealth Management products, performing testing, quality control/assurance processes or internal/external audits
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.