A Banking client of ours is looking for an experienced Consumer Compliance Senior Manager to take on a new and exciting role. This position will report to the CRO and will require someone to be located in Minneapolis, MN.
The Senior Consumer Compliance Officer is responsible for managing and maintaining assigned areas of the compliance program covering consumer including monitoring business area compliance with applicable laws and regulations, ensuring controls are in place to mitigate compliance risk. Maintaining regulatory change management, policies and procedures, training, and advisory matters for lending and deposit compliance. This role is responsible for directly managing members of the Consumer compliance team with oversight of periodic analysis of the Bank's Consumer portfolios, assisting business areas to implement corrective actions or procedural changes, and applying a risk-based approach.
- Identifies and regularly advises on compliance solutions involving highly complex laws, regulations, and business concepts.
- Reviews multi-channel marketing and advertising materials for compliance with applicable laws and internal and financial industry standards for treating customers fairly.
- Participates in compliance testing from time to time to identify both issues and root cause(s) when compliance problems arise.
- Works with the team to develop solutions and/or processes to address the issues.
- Consults with Legal and interacts with Compliance peers on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with applicable consumer laws and regulations.
- Reviews and may prepare training on applicable regulatory requirements.
- Tracks issues to completion and ensures corrective action has been implemented within specified timeframes.
- Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance related) and CRCM certification
- Knowledge of banking regulations
- Advanced knowledge of banking compliance laws and regulations, as related to lending, deposits, payments, and bank operations (Examples include but are not limited to: ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, Regulation E, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Truth in Savings Act, Regulation CC, SCRA, HMDA, RESPA, TILA, Regulation O, Regulation W
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, make recommendations, and/or escalate issues to appropriate levels of management
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
If this opportunity interests you, please connect with Matt Lang to explore further: email@example.com