Stellan Byrd Christensen
5 months ago
A Fintech client of ours in the San Francisco bay area is looking for a Compliance/Legal professional to take on a role reporting directly to the Head of Compliance. The focus of this role is to mitigate the risks of using third parties to carry out business activities. The framework includes policies, procedures, processes, controls, tools, training and metrics/reporting. The role supports our compliance and risk objectives, as well as regulatory obligations, by addressing the full life-cycle of third party relationships, and ensures that all third parties are assessed by risk, and undergo due diligence and review based on risk characteristics, and are monitored ongoing thereafter.
• Develop annual calendar for TPO documentation and review
• Manage and execute TPO program including: updates, annual regulatory gap analysis, and third-party risk reviews
• Perform annual TPO risk assessments/quality assurance reviews
• Identify, communicate and escalate third-party risk and control issues, and serve as primary point of contact to manage and oversee internal remediation of third party issues
• Collaborate with business partners and third-party management stakeholders to identify enhancement opportunities to strengthen third-party management processes and controls
• Assist with gathering data and providing information during Internal Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examinations
• Collaborate with business partners to maintain and monitor the third-party inventory, risk assessment information, contracts, action plans, watch list, service level agreements, issues, and required documents as identified within the firm’s TPO Policy and ensure all documentation is current and meets , SharePoint, and document management system to ensure they are current and meet Policy and Program requirements
• Report on third-party risk with primary focus on compliance adherence and risk reporting/metrics
• 5+ years' experience in third party risk management, internal controls, financial/banking regulations, risk assessment and risk mitigation
• Paralegal/MBA (preferred)
• Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team, prioritize and manage multiple projects and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy workload environment
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch!