70K-120k USD D.O.E.
over 1 year ago
September Start Ideal
This world-leading pharmaceutical company is looking for Allen-Bradley PLC engineers to join them on one of their most impact sites to world human health. Their site is based in the Illinois state and is one of the most invested reaching the billions. The site is growing, there is lots of work on and you have a chance to get involved. They are looking to take on multiple engineers with a range of experience of Allen-Bradley and GMP knowledge as full-time staff. This is evidence of just how much is happening there right now.
• Established technically competent Controls Engineer/Specialist whom independently solves problems, develops and implements solutions
• Understands business contexts of assignments and makes decisions which impact profitability
• Demonstrated skills in automation solutions including Batch, PLC systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, Visual Basic and PC networking technology. Additional MES knowledge is not required, but beneficial.
• Familiarity with electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building. Responsibilities 1. Support manufacturing and utilities within the shift engineering support team. The shift engineering support team provides 24-7 on call support to manufacturing on a 12 hour 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 (days on-days off) shift basis with the possibility of night shifts.
2. Develop a general understanding of the plant processes and products to provide technical support to all manufacturing areas.
3. Proficient programmer in one or more areas of automation programming languages and platforms. Preferred automation systems (shown in order of preference) include Allen-Bradley (Factory Talk platforms, ControlLogix, PLC-5, SLC, Panelview, View SE), Modicon Unity, Modicon Proworx 32, GE iFix and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Siemens (PCS7, WinCC).
4. Understands electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building.
5. Able to conduct root cause analysis and drive resolution to complex problems.
6. Develops a network of internal and external contacts appropriate to the job. When assigned, able to oversee (external) consultants.
7. Assists the department in developing policies, programs, SOPs, and Quality and Engineering standards to meet current industry, corporate Quality, and external regulatory requirements.
8. Maintains close contact with QA and Manufacturing groups to assure effective communication on process/facility problems and issues related to process controls.
- BS or AS in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- In lieu of an Engineering degree, technical experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated industry may be considered.
- 2-4 years in related controls technical experience
- 2+ years in pharma or process related in a regulated environment.
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude; good communication skills.
If this role suits you or anyone you know matched the criteria. Then make sure you get your CV across to me ASAP!