30 days ago
A banking client of ours is seeking a Corporate Controller in the Metropolitan Detroit area to join their team of 13 finance professionals. Reporting directly to the CFO this role will be responsible for overseeing the organization's accounting functions including maintaining accounting policies and procedures and management and oversight of financial and regulatory reporting.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
- Directs preparation and reviews periodic filings with the SEC on Forms, including financial statements and related footnotes, earnings releases, MD&A, and more
- Oversees regulatory financial reporting, including Call Reports and Federal Reserve Reporting for holding companies.
- Manages relationships and engagement with internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for all aspects of internal and external financial reporting, including oversight of general ledger, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Manages month-end close and consolidation.
- Assess financial risk when business decisions are made by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to policy, and escalating, managing, and reporting control issues.
Requirements for the Controller:
- Accounting professional with 10 years of progressive experience in the financial institution industry
- CPA required
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting with emphasis on SECC filing, financial reporting, month-end process, and more
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Proven leadership and time management skills
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a Financial Services market specialist working with a large variety of clients across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Aimee Sharpe at 619-350-6149 or at A.Sharpe@hamlynwilliams.com.