5 months ago
A banking client of ours in the Los Angeles area is looking for a CRA Officer to join their team. This role will be responsible for executing and providing oversight of the Bank’s CRA and Fair Lending Policy/Programs.
The responsibilities in this role will include tracking activities, assessing performance and preparing reports for management and the Board of Directors. They will serves as a liaison and maintain relationships with community representatives. Additionally, they will conduct training to the Board and employees related to CRA and Fair Lending.
- Assist with administering aspects of the BSA Compliance Program; assists independent, state and federal regulator auditor inquiries.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC.
- Respond to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibits the necessary follow through with bank personnel and vendors.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations.
- Plans and executes CRA activities.
- Analyzes lending data to assess and ensure the Bank’s lending activities support a fair and responsible lending environment.
- Collects and maintains CRA data. Reviews and recommends CRA qualified investments, loans, and service activities. Reports and presents CRA activities and data to Bank Management, auditors, regulators, Board of Directors, and others as required.
- Coordinates community outreach efforts on behalf of the Bank to community based organizations.
- Researches, analyzes and interprets lending compliance and regulations. Recommends action and changes based on analysis.
- Maintains the Bank’s CRA Public File.
- Reviews and analyzes HMDA activity when appropriate.
- Prepares and executes a CRA strategic plan annually, including conducting CRA Program Self Assessments/Evaluations bi annually.
- Communicates CRA training needs to the Human Resources department in coordination of staff completion and compliance. Trains the Executive Management and Board of Directors on CRA, Fair Lending, UDAAP or other topics as directed.
- Ensures annual regulatory reporting of CRA and HMDA data information is accurate and reported timely.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time and supports the Bank’s goals and values.
- Responsible for maintaining a current and adequate CRA Policy and related procedures.
- Works with the Compliance Officer to ensure the Bank maintains current and adequate policies and procedures related to Fair Lending and UDAAP.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects, including performing risk assessments; gathers data and prepares reports for Executive Management, auditors and other personnel.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years experience as a CRA Officer
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, government regulations, and technical procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to banking laws and regulations.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, regulatory officials and/or the general public.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with limited supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
If this opportunity is of interest please apply here or send resumes to email@example.com!