6 months ago
A banking client of ours in Washington State is looking for a Regulatory Compliance professional to join its team. This person is responsible for providing direction for the Credit Administration (including Special Assets) compliance functions. Responsible for developing and ensuring Credit Administration compliance requirements and standards are in place and are consistently maintained. This person is responsible for providing direction for the Credit Administration (including Special Assets) compliance functions.
- Works directly the Special Assets Managers and Chief Credit Officer, develops, implements, and maintains standards for department activities to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, bank policy, and audits.
- Prepares detailed reports for management, Corporate Compliance, and Working Groups advising on issues related to control gaps or heightened compliance risk in regards to Credit Administration.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of banking laws and regulations by reading various publications and circulars, attending training, seminars, and meetings with peers.
- Partners with Credit Administration department, Compliance department, and other departments served by the Credit Administration team to creatively solve problems, meet internal and external customers’ needs, and improve efficiencies while ensuring bank compliance.
- Works in conjunction with the Bank’s Compliance Officer(s) and legal counsel to ensure precautionary actions and measures are taken, and assists in attaining established compliance goals as directed by the Director of Operational Risk or the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Serves as Compliance Lead, working in conjunction with Compliance department and leadership to ensure ongoing compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the department and division, writing and revising policies and procedures as needed, and communicating updates to the team.
- Integrates effective Internal Controls into all applicable work processes. Maintains a working knowledge of Internal Controls with particular attention to Key Controls. Is responsible for ensuring updates to Internal Controls documentation are performed timely when changes in the risk parameters and/or work flow occur
- Associates or bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in a loan collection or administration environment with specific experience in lending compliance required.
- CRCM Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor staff.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and requirements as applicable.