about 1 month ago
Our client is currently searching for a key, strategic hire in their Risk team, this will be a Sr. Risk Analyst/ Data Scientist.
This is a key role with significant and broad responsibilities. This position will report up to the Manager of Credit Policy and Analytics.
The candidate will be a member of a broader 7-8 person credit policy and analytics team with substantial opportunity for future growth within the company in concert with driving business expansion. The role is responsible for the design, development, and execution of a comprehensive credit risk strategy, and will be a key leader with vision on all strategy and analytics and have significant input into developing policies, processes and reporting. They will work cross functionally with analytics, operations, technology, product, finance, and external partners to collaborate on broader critical initiatives and shape the direction and growth of the overall business in a collaborative dynamic team environment.
Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Conduct robust analysis to help create rules and processes to proactively mitigate credit risk and maintain optimal false positive rates while causing minimal impact to genuine customers.
- Use a data-driven approach to understand fraud risk and design effective strategies to mitigate 3rd party and 1st party fraud.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to improve analytics that drives fraud strategies.
- Interact with other teams to gain understanding of how upstream credit and marketing strategies will impact the fraud program; communicate with partners on how fraud program changes will impact them.
- Maintain a detailed performance monitoring framework and associated management dashboards that readily highlight areas of confidence and areas in need of further evaluation for resolution of concerns or exploitation of opportunities.
- Assist in developing risk policies, processes, and training for roles across the organization.
- Ensure credit risk policy remains aligned with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area is required; advanced degree is attractive.
- Experience of 2-5 years in the secured and/or unsecured credit space including credit cards, auto or installment lending at a sophisticated issuer of revolving and term loans.
- Experience extracting and manipulating data using SQL and Python
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and forecasting, portfolio P&L simulation, vintage profitability tracking and marginal expansion strategies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, leadership skills, a high level of initiative, intellectual curiosity and creativity, and a robust understanding of the consumer lending business that includes the various facets of a specialty lending operation