Credit Risk Analytics & Underwriting Specialist
8 months ago
Working as a key member of the portfolio analysis team to ensure the Credit Risk function is robust and managed within the key requirements of the business. The ideal candidate will have a very strong background in analytics and Credit Risk from a mortgage lending institution, preferably with experience covering the full customer lifecycle, including new lending, account management, fraud prevention and arrears management. This candidate will be a key member of this business, helping drive through improvements and shaping the future of the department.
Major Activities and Responsibilities:
- Provide business with analysis/insight and recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, application process, strategy design, debt management activities and operations processes
- Build and Develop capability within the organization to design, monitor and enhance credit risk strategies and policies.
- Identify opportunities to optimise credit decisions
- Develop deep dive portfolio analysis and performance forecasting capability
- Enhance develop and monitor Credit Risk Appetite framework reviewing all metrics, estimating forecasts and trends
- Provide analysis to ALCO Board on ad hoc portfolio issues
- Provide insight to and set expectation for portfolio and segmentation trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI, including monthly Board pack and quarterly arrears deep dives.
- Work proactively with the Finance and Product teams to support/ recommend policy changes
- Develop and enhance credit risk reporting
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver projects and the change agenda.
Skills and Experience Required (or desired):
- University degree in technical field (eg. mathematics, physics, statistics, economics, computational finance)
- Extensive experience of credit risk/analytics roles
- Knowledge of first charge mortgages
- Hands on experience and solid knowledge of analysis software languages – SAS, R
- Highly proficient using Excel and other analysis tools
- Statistical background to produce reporting and models
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely self-motivated / Operate independently
- Should have, or be keen to develop, management and leadership skills