7 months ago
The Credit Risk Director is a leadership role that will facilitate and oversee the process to proactively assess risks, design and implement a control environment that effectively supports the financial and regulatory reporting for the firm.
This role will ensure sound governance, oversight and execution of the financial risks and controls as part of the SOX program. This is a highly visible position and the individual will collaborate with key constituents and management across the organization as part of the first lines of defense, with a supporting role in second line functions also.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of SOX section 404 including quarterly disclosure procedures and annual certification of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Be the SME on Sarbanes Oxley compliance and facilitate training with business and control owners for CECL process and control owners.
- Represent Credit Administration in discussion with SOX PMO, compliance and internal and external auditors to ensure seamless audit execution and consideration of the impact of audit observations.
- Ensure CECL SOX documentation (narratives, risk control matrices and flow charts) are current and reflect business practices.
- To assess CECL control issues and partner with business owners to develop plans to correct controls weaknesses and monitor implementation.
- Participate and perform risks assessments for projects and initiatives for Credit Administration.
- A Bachelors (or Masters) Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
- CISA, CPA, CIA, preferred but not required.
- Effectively manage and build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002, current accounting (U.S. GAAP) and internal control concepts (COSO 2013).
- Experience with internal controls including process control design, preparation of flowcharts & control matrices, documentation and testing of controls, and identification and reporting of control “gaps” required.
- 10+ years’ worth of performing audit work at a large financial institution.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please get in touch!