17 days ago
HW is currently working with a consumer lender fintech in the Nordics that help provide financial flexibility for 2 million customers. This client is currently looking for an experienced risk professional to join their central Credit Risk function.
This team manages the balance between risk and reward and ensures alignment within the risk appetite and strategy endorsed by the board, whilst adhering to the internal and external governance framework parameters.
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst reports to Head of Credit Risk Fulfilment within credit Risk and is responsible to secure delivery Credit Risk Impairment Reporting and Forecasting process and also contribute to improvements in the process.
- Secure reliable execution of monthly analysis to generate Impairment calculations at a segmented level.
- Ensure that unexpected outputs or trends are investigated, and that cross-functional communication is effective in guaranteeing that all root causes are understood.
- Ensure that clear explanatory commentary on variances to forecast is provided to stakeholders.
- Production of Impairment forecasts at a segmented level in line with business requirements (typically 5-6 forecasts per year).
- Ensure the business has the capability to deploy a range of methodologies to forecast Impairment over periods ranging from 2 months to 7 years.
- Support Analysts and Senior Analysts in the Credit Risk team in their development.
- Provide ongoing coaching and advice, and provide line management support in decision making.
- Ensure that the forecast models have the ability to account for seasonal patterns, performance trends, commercial plans and expected economic conditions.
- Present forecasts clearly to stakeholders, including transparent explanations for variances to previous forecasts and how performance is expected to be impacted by changing market conditions.
- Take the lead on providing Credit Risk inputs to stress-testing exercises and business case Impairment expectations.
- Ensure ongoing dialogue with stakeholders on Impairment trends and risks/opportunities and the implications of these for business development.
The ideal candidate should bring :
- Minimum 3 years experience of Consumer Finance Credit Risk or similar disciplines.
- Strong knowledge and experience of credit risk impairment process.