about 1 month ago
We are partnered with a banking client in the Bay Area that is looking for an experienced VP level Credit Specialist to develop process for monitoring small business and consumer credit card portfolios, as well as a process for delinquency management of these portfolios.
Joining the team in a REMOTE capacity, this person would provide guidance on development of underwriting scorecards for businesses and criteria for automated credit decisions. Working alongside the treasury head of consumer products, the key goal is to design controls and processes to minimize credit and fraud losses and maintain compliance with bank and regulatory requirements.
As a Senior VP Credit Specialist, you will:
- Credit Monitoring
- Establish programs and reporting for credit monitoring of business and consumer credit portfolios.
- Work closely with Commercial Banking portfolio management team on processes for recommending increases, decreases or holds on business card lines.
- Implement programs for consumer cards for determining when cardholders are eligible for line increases, decreases or holds.
- Delinquency Management
- Acts on past due accounts in accordance with Bank policy and procedure to ensure the collectability of such accounts. This may require working with the Commercial Portfolio Management team or with our Consumer Loan Collections area.
- Establish collections program using our processor, FIS, as the portfolio grows and works with in-house legal on procedures related to bankruptcies.
- Provide support to underwriting business and consumer credit cards by developing criteria for automated credit decisioning.
- Research and recommend risk-management tools and products to incorporate into automated decisioning for business and consumer cards.
- Assists with risk-based pricing of consumer card products.
As a Senior VP Credit Specialist, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 3+ years’ experience in a Commercial Bank loan credit function
- Broad knowledge of credit related to business and consumer cards with understanding and experience in credit card underwriting, credit monitoring and delinquency management.
- Familiarity with tools available through companies such as Experian or Plaid
- Current knowledge of federal and state laws related to credit card lines and bankruptcy laws.
If you are a skilled Credit Specialist, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, email@example.com or (619) 350 – 6348