9 months ago
Fantastic opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious companies in Hong Kong. My client is looking for two Data Analysts to analyse large amounts of raw data and build data products to extract valuable business insights. They are on an exciting journey of simplifying and transforming their data landscape and would like to expand their team. This team aims to empower their staff and clients with the use of data and improve the efficiency and profitability of the business by making data-driven decisions.
As a Data Analyst, you will help to lead innovation with their Big Data and Analytics Platforms, working with business and data science teams to drive business growth. You will guide and advise various business functions to help them best utilise Data Analytics and Data Science to improve the business.
You will take responsibility for managing their data sets across multiple functions of the business, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases such as dashboarding & reporting, preferably with Tableau/Trifacta experience
You should be experienced in the use of data and statistical analysis to help drive business value, be an effective communicator and able to work effectively in cross-functional teams and a constantly changing environment. An aptitude for analysis, math and statistics, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential to succeed in the role.
- Work with a team of data analysts, data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Carry out data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyze data problems
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Managing data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism to interact with stakeholders.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and on teams for software development tasks and projects.
- Associate level, 3-7 years of hands-on experience in data analytics and dashboarding & reporting, preferably with Tableau/Trifacta experience
- BSC degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Knowledge in one or several Data Science languages
- Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay man terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Good command of English
- Demonstrable knowledge of economics, statistics financial or stock markets, compliance or risk management preferred but not a prerequisite
If this is of interest and you would like to know more, do apply and we shall reach out if your profile is suitable.