80000 HKD per month - 110000 HKD per month
15 days ago
We are looking for a Data Architect (Associate Director) who is an expert in optimal architecture and solution selections that meet our client’s business needs and achieve their long-term ambitions. This role will central in driving new business opportunities within the Data, Machine Learning, and AI space. This individual will work with internal stakeholders to analyse and define innovative solutions for achieving strategic business goals.
Candidates with the following skills and experience are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Banking and/or life insurance industry experience is essential
- Experience in leading and developing data teams
- Data platform design and hands-on implementation experience
- Understanding of core banking & insurance systems and use of ERP in financial services
- Knowledge of key regulatory change initiatives (IFRS17, Basel III Reforms, RBC)
- Confident to communicate with CXO
- Lead projects and guide junior staff to deliver client-ready deliverables
- Become a leader within KPMG around data architecture in financial services, data platform design and delivery
- Develop overall solution plans and strategic vision for data platforms, providing a comprehensive roadmap for clients’ needs.
- Provide architectural expertise to project teams
- Designing and delivering solutions utilising cloud-based data platforms
- Define and achieve a strategic roadmap for the enterprise; including data modelling, implementation and data management for our enterprise data warehouse and advanced data analytics systems.
- Working with leading data cloud technologies from the major cloud vendors Microsoft Azure, AWS and/or Alibaba Cloud.
- Solutioning digital analytics programs and system integration projects across multiple work streams and geographically dispersed teams.
- Support senior management in developing new products and methodologies
- Support the wider KPMG team in pursuing new business opportunities, including the preparation of proposals and participation in proposal presentation
The individual will have
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Statistics;
- 8+ years of experience in Data Management & Analytics with experience in a similar role as a Solution Architect or Data Architect;
- Experience in the banking or life insurance industries is a must
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Strong sense of ownership to get the job done practically and pragmatically - critical thinking and ability to solve complex problems is a must
- Prior consulting experience is desirable
- Background in designing and implementing architectural solutions which solve strategic and tactical business needs
- Experience in delivering high-quality results through tight datelines
- Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level
- Programming Skills (SQL, Python, Spark, Microsoft R)
- Hands-on experience using cloud architecture (AWS, Alibaba Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Hands-on experience in ETL testing cycle (Unit Test / SIT / UAT)
- Experience with Data Visualization tools (Power BI, QlikView, Tableau)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin