8 months ago
My client is a highly recognisable institution with significant operations in Hong Kong and China. As part of their, on-going, IT transformation programme they are significantly enhancing their data usage and capabilities. Part of this initiative is the building and installing of a brand new data centre and the successful applicant will be tasked with managing the whole architecture, installation and migration program.
This is a senior role in a high profile institution and, as such, exceptionally high standards will be expected from all applicants. You will have direct experience managing significant IT budgets and must be able to demonstrate leadership success in a commensurate role with at least one, and preferably more, large scale migrations completed.
Given the scale of the project and seniority of the role overseas applicants, who meet or exceed the requirements, are welcome to apply.
- Delivery of the new data centre build-out according to agreed specifications, on time and on budget.
- Work with IT operations, systems assurance and other technology centres to plan the application migration into the new data centre and manage the overall migration.
- Engage with the team responsible for the physical construction of the data centre to ensure that the physical build and handover meet the specifications of the IT department.
- Effectively identify, mitigate and manage risks associated with the program. Also manage any issues that arise during the course of the program.
- Ensure the appropriate governance, risk management and reporting is in place, and adhered to, for a program of this scale and complexity.
- Engage and effectively manage all stakeholders (internal and external on both business and IT teams) associated with this program
- At least 10 years of work experience in programme delivery
- Demonstrated track record of delivering large and complex programs that have both physical construction and IT delivery components. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in managing the buildout and delivery of modern data centers.
- Strong understanding of program management methodology (PRINCE/PMBOK etc.) with a demonstrated understanding of a ‘risk based approach’ to Project management
- Formal Program Management certification(s) (PMP etc.) are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, across complex projects, and a track record of managing via a matrix structure.
- Good understanding of commercial contracts and experience in resolving contractual issues
- Excellent, English language, verbal and written communication skills.