6 days ago
Data Engineer (Azure)
As a Data Engineer, you will work together with an enthusiastic and driven team of Engineers to get even more value from this data. The atmosphere in our department is cosy and relaxed – you don't have to worry about a suit culture with us. Work on your goals and develop both professionally and personally. Passion for your profession, entrepreneurship and craftsmanship are important to us in the department. The culture is informal, we are open to each other, celebrate successes and regularly organize department outings.
We are the digital engine of Mortgages! We are proud that with our department we are reducing the distance between the Clients field of mortgages and the customer. Various mortgage systems have now been unlocked and we supply data to front-end applications, mid-office systems and reporting tools. As we add more data, we can create more new insights and new possibilities arise a real flywheel effect. And because we are going to take off, we urgently need reinforcements. In addition, we want to make the transition to a new Azure-based technology stack to be even better prepared for the future.
The Data Engineer will ideally have the following responsibilities:
- Devising and realizing a future data landscape where we switch to an Azure-based technology stack.
- Realizing new links to unlock even more data to the data hub. Think of streaming solutions via Azure Service Bus as well as Kafka, but also batch deliveries in the form of CSVs.
- Maintaining and improving the technical aspects of the MarkLogic platform (incl. Apache NiFi). Cloud migration to Azure is on the roadmap.
- Developing APIs and data transformations within our current data hub with MarkLogic.
The Data Engineer will ideally have the below skills and expertise:
- You speak and write excellent Dutch.
- Experienced engineer with at least 3 to 5 years of experience and:
- Setting up a big data environment.
- System integration within a (big) data environment.
- Setting up data pipelines (e.g., Apache Nifi, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics).
- REST APIs within a data-driven environment.
- Functional programming languages (e.g., XQuery or another language).
- (Near) real-time interfaces (ASB, Kafka, etc.).
- Document stores (e.g., Marklogic, Azure Cosmos, Mongo DB).
- Data architecture.
- Agile working and scrum.
- Modern programming languages (e.g., Python or Scala).
- You have an academic / HBO education and work level.
- You have an eye for life cycle development, and you provide sustainable solutions.
If you are a skilled Data Engineer, you can apply by:
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a market specialist in the Netherlands working with a large variety of clients across the Financial Service and IT industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Kevin Lindijer at email@example.com.