Las Vegas, Nevada
60,000 - 95,000
4 months ago
Data Strategy and Governance Analyst
We are currently partnered with a fast growing, data and technology driven financial services firm to make several key hires in a brand-new team. This role supports risk mitigation across the enterprise and is a key function in challenging and continuously improving the quality of data.You will utilize statistical packages such as Python, SAS and R.
This role will focus on the development of highly advanced data quality and analytics, utilizing machine learning models that touch across the entire lifecycle of data, from credit, fraud, finance, collections, etc. This is a highly analytical role working with large amounts of data. If you are seeking a new challenge, working in a new and innovative team with high visibility and growth, please apply directly!
- Work with large volumes of data to conduct research and understand the relationships, usage patterns and impact of data on business results.
- Test and Deploy machine learning and statistical methods to ensure that data is prepared for decisioning, predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Examine data from data lake, data warehouse, and other data sources to find and implement data quality rules.
- Uses business knowledge/analysis and data analytics to use data for analytics and decisioning.
- Test, validate and deploy machine learning algorithms to enhance existing and introduce new processes that show bottom line impact.
- Develop project requirements, analytic plans, SOWs, project timelines, and other related materials for the management of outsourced model development and management.
- Interact with analysts, modelers, and pipeline developers across the enterprise.
- 3 + years of experience in a data science, data governance or similar position within a corporate setting (financial services a plus)
- 3 + years of advance experience using one of the following analytical packages: Python, SAS, R, etc.
- Working knowledge of ETL processes
- Strong understanding of statistical methods such as regression, machine learning algorithms, operational analytics, and predictive analytics.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Degree in a quantitative study (advance degree preferred).
This role can provide relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship to those who qualify. Please apply directly for consideration. We are overseeing a number of opportunities in the risk and analytics space; if this role isn’t quite aligned with your skillset but you would like to have a comprehensive view of the market, please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org