6 months ago
Data Governance Manager
Hamlyn Williams is working exclusively with a global pharmaceutical organisation, whose development of new products, drugs and trials, has set them years ahead of their competition. They are going through an intense period of growth, and as such, are looking to bring on-board a Data Governance Manager which will shape the future of this data-driven organisation.
The position will be based out of their European headquarters situated in Munich with the option of remote working.
You will be responsible for the coordination of Data standardization, and data management across the local organisation. In doing so, you will liaise with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Stewards and Data Translators to educate and shape the entire future of the company’s Data Governance.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data ownership and data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal data assets
- Coordinate the local Data Translators to ensure that the generated insights support the best customer experience
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality, the protection of sensitive data and establishing the usage of a data catalogue
- Drive the development and implementation of data (quality) standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the organisation and prioritize data standardisation and cleaning efforts to support the existing data products
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- Facilitation of agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics, removing blockers
- Train the organisation in data governance and data management best practices
- 5+ years experience in e-commerce, digital (management) consultancy, digital pharma unit, start-up, tech company or a comparable digital unit/workplace
- 3+ years experience in building data governance structures, setting up data management best practices, data standardisation and cleaning processes
- Knowledge of semantic analysis and ontologies to actively increase data set transparency
- Strong acumen in quantitative analytics and structured problem solving
- Experience leading / working with teams in an agile setting incl. facilitation of agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics, removing blockers
- Strong communication skills with ability to present complex messages through a compelling story
- Excellent language proficiency in English (at least C1)
- International work experience
To apply, please select the Apply button or contact me directly: email@example.com