about 1 month ago
We are partnered with a banking client in The Los Angeles Area that is looking for a Data Governance Officer to join their team. This person is responsible for defining and implementing the Enterprise Data Governance Program. Reporting to the Deputy Chief Risk Officer, the DGO will be responsible for data analytics, governance, standards, quality, and lifecycle management along with the exploration of data assets to create business value. This position partners closely with organization’s Information Security and Information Technology leadership responsible for data storage, infrastructure, and security.
As a Sr. Data Governance Officer, you will:
- Define, implement and maintain an enterprise wide data governance roadmap and framework.
- Establish and manage an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of data-based capabilities.
- Framework that focuses on improvement of data quality, through the development of organizational policies and standards, governance metrics, processes, training, related tools and data architecture that align to industry best practices while ensuring compliance with internal governance and external regulatory requirements.
- Establish standards and protocols for effective data quality management across the enterprise (e.g., data lineage, data cataloging, metadata, and data glossary) in collaboration with the business and Information Security for adoption across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with business partners, data management stakeholders and the IT departments to identify and document core data elements, including metadata, lineage and business rules for in-scope systems.
As Sr. Data Governance Officer, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in related field or equivalent experience required. (MBA) in general Business, Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management preferred.
- 7+ years' experience required in data management with expertise and experience building, implementing, and maintaining data governance programs.
- 3 years in a senior management role, with transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, & knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Extensive knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology related to management of enterprise data assets required.
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of data compliance frameworks enabling technologies, and enterprise applications.
If you are a skilled Sr. Data Governance Officer you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, email@example.com or (619) 350 – 6348