9 days ago
A rapidly expanding consumer lending firm is looking to grow their team with a highly motivated and technically skilled Data Scientist. This role will have the opportunity to leverage advanced analytics, machine learning and data science techniques in order to analyze the performance of the personal loan portfolio across the entire credit lifecycle.
Duties and responsibilities
- Utilizes advances statistical/analytical techniques in order to draw key insights and make recommendations to further business objective
- Develop and communicate key performance indicators for loan portfolio performance, identifying risks and opportunities and creating forecasts
- Conducts ad hoc research projects incorporating project design, data collection and analysis, summarization of findings, and presentation of results.
- Ad hoc research and analysis from front to end, project design to presentation
- Understand strategic business objectives and communicate complex statistical/quantitative findings with cross functional teams, some of which being non-technical individuals or stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative discipline, such as math, statistics, data analysis, ect.
- 2+ years of related experience in quantitative role
- Financial services/consumer lending experience
- Experience leveraging analytical tools such as SQL, SAS, Python or R
- Must pass drug screen, criminal and credit background checks
- Direct experience in a credit risk modeling environment
- Extensive exposure to consumer/personal loans
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, especially with senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in an autonomous environment