Los Angeles (Remote)
29 days ago
A banking partner of ours in Southern California is looking for a Deposit Compliance Officer to join their growing team. Reporting directly to the Head of Consumer Compliance this role provides primary oversight for Deposit Compliance and assists the bank’s Head of Consumer Compliance with the bank-wide management of all Deposit related consumer compliance functions.
As a Deposit Compliance Officer, you will:
- Serves as the bank’s Deposit “Subject Matter Expert” (SME) necessary to provide compliance advice/recommendations and guidance to all Business Units, addressing Deposit compliance questions.
- Assists in overseeing the Consumer Compliance Program to ensure that Deposit compliance risks are appropriately identified, monitored, and controlled.
- Communicates identified compliance risks to Head of Consumer Compliance, the Chief Compliance Officer and Executive management as appropriate.
- Performs line of business compliance reviews to ensure compliance with regulations and laws governing Deposits. Prepares reports for senior management of all trends or findings.
- Responsible for motoring line of business activities, procedures, and documentation for compliance with Deposit banking regulations.
- Assists Marketing Compliance SME in reviewing bank disclosures, marketing materials, advertisements and/or any other product or service collateral for new and existing Deposit products.
- Monitor and oversees day-to-day implementation of new and revised laws and regulations as applicable. Analyzes company impact and ensures compliance with all requirements of federal and state laws.
- Performs Compliance reviews and interviews front-line staff to determine knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
- Assists the Head of Consumer Compliance with Deposit compliance related activities, including Product Committee matters, regulatory examinations.
As the Deposit Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in banking compliance functions, and/or Marketing. CRCM certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with regulatory compliance in a banking environment.
If you are a skilled Deposit Compliance Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As the West Coast, Banking, Compliance market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 350 – 6348