14 days ago
We are partnered with a banking client in the Bay Area that is looking for an established Deposits focused Compliance Officer to support the Compliance Management System, working with both the CRA and Compliance managers.
As a Deposit Compliance Officer, you will:
- Ensure assigned business units are in compliance with applicable deposit laws, regulations, and rules, and have appropriate operating controls to mitigate risk. Assists the business units with developing and revising compliance-related practices, procedures and controls where needed.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all deposit-related regulatory compliance laws, regulations, regulatory guidance.
- Coordinates the deposit aspects of the compliance management system ensuring proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed.
- Identifies and reports compliance issues and gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure risk is mitigated. Work with business unit partners to resolve and track identified issues to resolution.
- Reviews product and service disclosures and advertising materials for compliance with applicable rules.
- Participates in the oversight of regulatory compliance audits and/or examinations.
- Participates as a member of the Regulatory Compliance Committee (RCC) and is a member of the Consumer Complaint Committee (CCC).
- Facilitates and provides guidance during the compliance risk assessment process.
As a Deposit Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 5+ years’ experience in compliance, audit, or quality control as it relates to lending (CRCM preferred)
- Experience with internal control functions and regulators.
- Familiarity with regulations as they pertain to deposit compliance (specifically Regulations D, E, J, CC, DD and the E-Sign Act, California Consumer Privacy Act, unclaimed property, garnishment, or deposit insurance.)
If you are a skilled Deposit Compliance Specialist, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, email@example.com or (619) 350 – 6348