$200,000 - $260,000 (dependent on experience)
about 1 year ago
A large banking client of ours in Los Angeles is hiring a Deputy BSA Officer.
In this position, you would oversee the non-operational BSA function, including full oversight to both the BSA Training unit and also the Policy Advisory unit for the Bank.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Responsible for assisting the Bank's BSA Officer in the administration, monitoring, and on-going improvement of the Bank's BSA Program, for ensuring the Bank's compliance with the BSA, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Assets Control(OFAC) requirements
• To assist in the review and update of the annual BSA/AML and OFAC Risk Assessments, policy and procedures
• Assist the BSA Officer with regulatory examinations relating to all areas of Compliance and serve as a liaison
• To coordinate remedial measures in response to issues raised in BSA/AML/OFAC examinations, audits and quality control testing in lines of business
• Ensure the training of all affected management and staff within the company about their roles in BSA/AML compliance
• 5+ years’ worth of experience in a senior BSA/AML role at a large retail bank, or as the “second-in-command” to BSA/AML officer
• To be an SME on Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act
• Strong understanding of Bank products and services and how they may be used for criminal purposes
• Must be able to execute the department's senior management's initiatives and goals
• Must have proven management skills in providing both mentorship and trainings
• Must have a detailed understanding of anti-money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act laws and regulations to suspicious activity investigation requirements and its process
• Experience in providing comprehensive and ongoing trainings designed to inform the investigators about policy, procedures changes, typologies, recent trends, updates
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch!