24 days ago
Hamlyn Williams is working with a leading provider of online foreign exchange (FX) trading, who are looking for a Deputy Head of Compliance to be based in Berlin. You will report directly to the Head of Compliance Europe and will assist in developing a robust Compliance function and that it complies with its regulatory obligations and appropriately manages and mitigates Compliance and Operational risk.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Serve as a secondary contact person for the prosecution authorities
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures;
- Understand, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with compliance regulatory requirements including local and EU laws, international and industry standards and best practices
- Assist in the coordinate, monitor and advise on compliance policy, compliance programs, and compliance procedures, Market Abuse compliance programs, and procedures and other applicable compliance requirements
- Provide advice to the Business on German regulations that impact a firm dealing in OTC products;
- Perform Quarterly Risk Control Self-Assessment with Department & Country Heads;
- Document and maintain Process Flow Maps, Control Matrices and Control Test Plans for key business processes, and make any necessary updates as changes occur in the Business, Regulatory and Risk Control Environment in Germany
- Assist the Risk Officer in managing other Risk Control Processes and Activities as required and review and monitor risks associated with the outsourcing vendor.
- Strong knowledge of the Banking Act, Securities Trading Act, MiFid, and BaFin regulations is a must;
- Minimum of 5 years proven Compliance experience or relevant department experience at a BaFin regulated firm or auditing firm.
- Sound knowledge of European regulations;
- Knowledge of Operational Indicators and Risk Register maintenance preferred
- Fluent in German; both spoken and written