Los Angeles, CA, USA
about 1 year ago
I am working with a large and rapidly growing banking client of mine in Los Angeles who is looking for a Deputy OFAC Officer to manage a team of growing OFAC sanctions professionals. This position reports into the BSA/OFAC Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for management of OFAC program including client and transactional screening, investigation, and reporting
- Responsible for establishing OFAC policy and procedures to include helping business units in developing policies compliant with OFAC requirements
- Responsible for ensuring OFAC list updates are conducted successfully and in a timely manner
- Responsible for remediation of all outstanding audit and regulatory issues assigned
- Responsible for assisting BSA/OFAC Training team in creation of appropriate OFAC training materials
- Responsible for assisting BSA/OFAC Program team with annual OFAC risk assessment and policy updates
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all internal and external OFAC reporting, including annual and ad hoc contact with OFAC
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate resources to create a sustainable and effective OFAC Program
- Must be able to work effectively with internal auditors, regulatory bodies and other entities with oversight functions
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years managing financial crimes policy and operations with minimum 7 years direct OFAC-related experience
- Experience with model risk management activities related to OFAC model tuning and implementation
- Must have managed staff in financial crimes operational and policy capacities.
- Experience selecting, implementing, and managing OFAC screening platforms
If this role interests you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.