42.000 - 66.000
4 months ago
What will your responsibilities be?
As a DevOps engineer you, together with your colleague DevOps-ers, the Technical Product Owners and the IT Security Architect, take care of the technical development of the products and services provided by the company are delivered. This often starts with setting up a test setup, after which you validate requirements and wishes. Subsequently, attention is paid to the sustainable integration with other parts of our portfolio, for example linking the logging to our SIEM and including them in the management tooling (backup, monitoring, configuration management, etc.).
Because you are often one of the first people in the company to gain technical experience with a new product, you are also a point of contact for technical questions from other parts of the organization.
Due to the large differences between the products and services and the maturity of the different parts of the portfolio, it is almost impossible to describe a “standard” day. To give you a general idea of what to expect, here are a few elements that will come up regularly:
- You will receive information about a product that we suspect has added value for our customers, with the request to set up an environment for yourself to play with so that you can gain experience with it.
- The request comes in to package a piece of software that has to run on location at the customer in a (docker) container, so that we can roll it out and manage it more easily.
- The product for which you previously built a test setup has passed all tests. Now it's time for integration into the rest of the portfolio. Your next task is to see how we can send the logging to our SIEM and interpret it there.
Who are you?
As a DevOps engineer you are not afraid of the unknown. A new product that we want to add to our portfolio will soon have no more secrets for you. You understand what is needed for a scalable service that our customers can use undisturbed. You also want to use your knowledge to make a positive contribution to the digital resilience of our customers and a safe digital society.
Of course there are a number of skills that we would like to see again:
- You have a HBO or WO work and thinking level
- You quickly master new products, even if you've never worked with them before
- You have experience with both Microsoft (including Azure) and Linux. If you do not (partly) have these experiences yet, but would like to gain them, you can of course also apply.
- Broad technical knowledge of cybersecurity
- You are a self-starter, you work independently and you dare to take responsibility, of course you can also work well together and spar
- You really like to learn new things
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good command of the Dutch and English language is a must