Charlotte, North Carolina
about 2 months ago
DevOps Engineer- DBA, Azure, Terraform, Kubernetes, MySQL, Ansible, Python
As a leading competitor in the cloud-based software and security solution market, my client specializes in providing continuity, networking, and management-based solutions to increase efficiency, MSPs and cyber resilience. These are delivered by utilizing their integrated platform, which allows my client to provide solutions to over one million businesses around the world. The service and solutions my client provides prevents data loss and costly downtime on any system where data resides.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for continuously enhancing the automation process of the database and in charge of the maintenance for the company’s cloud infrastructure. You will be required to work closely with multiple stakeholders in order to understand their database needs. After understanding their needs, you will make recommendations and provide self-service offerings that will allow stakeholders to deploy, monitor, and maintain the correct databases for their business.
- Develop software to automate the deployment and maintenance of database services.
- Add automated tests for all functions on a CI/CD platform
- Enhance automated functions including monitoring, backing up, recovering, increasing availability, user management, access to controls and logging audits.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to better understand the needs for their databases, make suggestions and ultimately deploy solutions in the form of databases and their orchestrations.
- Work closely for with SREs to ensure that the use of content catalogs provide insights and control to guarantee uptime.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with software development, infrastructure as code, data-driven analysis, and automation
- Experience with databases such as: MySQL, PosgtreSQL, CockRoachDB, Redis, and Cassandra
- Familiarity with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as GitLab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, JIRA, and ServiceNow.
- Significant experience with virtualized and bare metal infrastructure; OpenStack experience strongly preferred
- Experience with monitoring and management
- Hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Green Card Holder or US Citizen, sponsorship is not available for this position