12 months ago
Fantastic opportunity to join one of Hong Kong's leading Virtual Banks. It's a fantastic brand that's products are about to go live. A very tech savy company looking for a talented developer or system engineer with a passion for managing cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers, delivering FinTech platforms in the cloud. You will be tasked with ensuring quality and timely releases with minimal downtime, improving overall system performance while decreasing deployment time.
This is great opportunity to work in a forward thinking, disruptive company that is well funded and is expanding during these times due to the success of the business. You will get to use emerging technologies and broaden your skills whilst working on the admin and performance tuning of application stacks, working on cloud, virtualisation and containerisation, monitoring systems and automation software, scripting skills, networking knowledge.
Candidates from retail banking preferred, but they can look at consulting candidates that have done banking projects, or candidates from other parts of bank. Given they have a lot of products soon to go live, candidates already in Hong Kong who don't require a new visa and are trilingual are strongly preferred.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage our continuous deployment pipeline
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain automation scripts to increase repeatability and decrease time required to keep our system running
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX / Linux based environments.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, Apache, Ruby, MySql, Postgres, NGINX)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS, Heroku
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, Docker)
- Experience with monitoring systems and automation software (e.g., Ansible, Chef)
- Attention to detail and think-outside-the-box mentality
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Good command of English
Competitive salary in a relaxed, diverse environment. Food and coffee on offer in pantry along with ping pong tables and gaming consoles. A good culture has formed here with a lot of extra cirricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
If this is of interest and you would like to know more, do apply and we shall reach out if your profile is suitable.