$150,000 - $170,000 + Bonus + Equity
13 days ago
We have partnered with an exciting Crypto FinTech that is looking for a Director, Monitoring Compliance. You will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and work on the most interesting and impactful initiatives to mitigate financial crime risks, including money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud.
- Develop and drive data-driven processes to proactively identify, prevent and mitigate compliance risks.
- Define and maintain relevant metrics to proactively monitor, identify and spotlight compliance and fraud risks and trends.
- Source, validate and analyze data to provide insights on current and emerging risks.
- Facilitate provision of accurate and timely data and analysis in response to law enforcement, regulatory and other legal requests.
- Apply data and analytics methods to support key compliance processes, including risk assessments, and root cause and trend analyses.
- Perform data analyses to validate AML and fraud rules, models and systems to identify unusual financial activity, topologies and patterns indicative of financial crime.
- Leverage data and analytics methods to reinforce compliance processes, including customer verification, user authentication, transaction monitoring, investigations, reporting and fraud management.
- Provide recommendations to enhance current, or identify new, fraud monitoring and alerting triage processes and capabilities, leveraging existing and new platforms, tools, and datasets.
- Provide regular updates and reports to leadership, peers and other stakeholders that will simplify and clarify complex concepts and results of analyses, emphasizing actionable outcomes and business impacts with effective data visualization methods.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus preferably with a relevant quantitative focus (Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Data, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Data science and analytics experience in financial services, with emphasis in compliance and risk
- Fundamental understanding of compliance and risk processes
- Adept at and adaptable to various software programs, data tools and platforms
- Proficient at data visualization to effectively communicate risks and mitigation recommendations.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple, concise and clear manner
- Takes ownership of outcomes
- Strong computer and technical skills; data analytic or programming skills, including SQL and Python a plus
You can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Fintech Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Fintech Companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Sparsh Didwania, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 332-6398