Dallas or New York
3 months ago
A client of ours in the Dallas area is looking for a Director, Compliance to join their company and lead a team in the Broker Dealer space. This role will support and assist broker dealers and other firms in the securities industry by providing regulatory compliance services through oversight of the execution and continuous improvement of the broker-dealer’s compliance program, meeting the requirements of FINRA and the SEC. This role will update broker-dealer compliance programs as necessary to keep them current with new regulatory requirements and best business practices. As well as, contribute to the development and implementation of the overall compliance strategy for investment advisers and their advisory clients.
This position will be working directly with leading broker-dealers, capital acquisition brokers, and investment advisers in the alternative asset industry under the guidance and direction from our experienced team of industry veterans. You will be facilitating our service offering by assisting in the performance of, and being responsible for,
- Assisting broker-dealers with formation and registration (Form BD)
- Support broker-dealer CCO’s in designing and implementing a compliance program that is effective in preventing, detecting and mitigating violations of applicable law, regulation, and broker dealer policies.
- Taking ownership of all ongoing compliance review processes, including annual meetings, Form BD filings, policies and procedures, etc.
- Manage, develop, implement, and maintain compliance monitoring, of policies, supervisory procedures, reporting, forensic testing, tracking and applying regulatory priorities, as well as industry best practices.
- Administering the compliance policies and procedures for firm’s clients, including compliance testing for various principal underwriter and distribution activities.
- Assist broker dealer CCO clients manage and coordinate SEC and FINRA regulatory examinations, including written responses.
- Partnering with client to analyze changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments.
- Providing ongoing compliance support and advice for the day-to-day activities of sales and marketing teams.
- 10+ years of legal and/or compliance or related experience, primarily broker-dealer related.
- Series 7 and 24 required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of FINRA rules and regulations (including advertising rules), and other state and federal securities laws and rules applicable to broker-dealer operations.
- Thorough knowledge of the broker-dealer business from a product, corporate governance, compliance, and administrative perspective.