2 months ago
My client is an European Private Bank and they are looking to bring a senior candidate to their Credit Control team. You will enjoy good work-life balance.
- Ongoing monitoring and review of the loan book as per the Credit Policy guidelines
- Manage daily margin and limit excesses. Liaise with Relationship Managers (RMs) to follow up on measures to be taken to regularize excesses (margin and limit excesses) and support RMs in business related queries
- Send margin call notices / enforcement letters to clients in collaboration with RM’s and Senior Management. If a specific situation requires so, liquidate open positions/portfolios directly with the traders should the RM and/or the client not be cooperative in such situations
- Perform tracking/monitoring/escalation of covenants for special internal approval conditions
- Prepare and be responsible for internal MI reports, trackers and external regulatory credit reports to be submitted to regional stakeholders, Head Office and regulators.
- Assist/Propose to develop/enhance processes, controls and reports to monitor risk exposures / approval conditions
- Input and update credit limits and other credit parameters such as collateral features, risk groups, cross pledges, pricing, mortgage contracts, Life Insurance contracts etc. in the system
- Evaluate and validate trades (payments, loan drawdowns, purchases) in CAC‘s queue. Execute bank guarantees, Letters-of-Undertaking and Stand-by-Letters-of-Credit. Input credit blocks on accounts as means to control risk and validate release of blocks.
- Perform portfolio analysis, stress testing and market / issuer risk event monitoring for early identification of emerging collateral risks. Prepare Management Summaries, supported by value-adding comments/charts/graphs to highlight key risks in the loan book
- Perform analysis of marketable securities (stocks, bonds, structured products, mutual & hedge funds) for possible assignment of standard lending and weighting rates
- Close collaboration with Credit Structuring team, traders, legal and compliance on exceptional conditions monitoring issues, clients’ trading position and regulatory issues respectively
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a credit risk/control position, ideally within the Private Banking/ Wealth Management sector
- Ideally the candidate would have experience in Lombard and Mortgage lending as well as in lending against Life Insurance Polices related processes
- Ability to handle margin and limit excesses in challenging market environments
- Degree in Banking/Finance or any related discipline. GARP or PRMIA certification would be an added benefit
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient data-handling skills with advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel. Ability to use Bloomberg, RPA and/or SQL/VBA programming skills will be an added advantage
- A team player, high attention to details, meticulous and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to take initiative and ownership of the work
- Pleasant personality and good interpersonal skills to ensure long-term good collaboration
For interested parties, please send click Apply Now or send your CV to email@example.com