Our client is a global publicly traded bank with over 100 locations worldwide.
Currently, they are looking for a Director of Accounting to join their Accounting & Finance team.
This role is onsite 5 days a week in their Pasadena office.
- Responsible for the completion of the monthly close activities, including review of reconciliations and journal entries
- Provide day to day management, oversight, in addition to longer-term development planning of a team of accountants
- Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements
- Monthly review/preparation of financial statement variance analysis
- Assist with research and evaluate accounting transactions and new accounting pronouncements, and application of those impacting financial institutions including establishing accounting policies and procedures
- Review/prepare schedules that support all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings), as needed
- Review/preparation of schedules for various banking regulatory reports, including the quarterly call and FRY schedules, as needed
- Assist with system implementation projects and support bank’s initiatives, including new products
- Work on process improvement as needed
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related
- 10+ years of Accounting experience
- 6+ years of management experience
- Banking experience is required
- CPA is a plus
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite required