Remote, United States
about 1 month ago
Do you have a passion for security? In this role, you will lead and develop a group of passionate engineers across a number of teams who are focused on security standards development, tool development, and application security assessment and consulting. As Director for Application Security, you are tasked with driving security into Workday's platform and ensuring software and services are designed and implemented with security in mind from the very beginning.
What you'll take on:
- Collaborate with software development teams and business leadership to remediate identified vulnerabilities and drive down software security risk.
- Develop processes to identify security holes, flaws, and exploits in client/server systems.
- Incorporate said processes into the development of an secure SDLC framework
- Perform hands-on security assessments (code review, fuzzing, blackbox testing).
- Provide guidance and expertise on secure coding techniques, secure transactions and security practices for development.
- Track trends in the hacker/cracker communities and stay abreast of hacking, cracking, and cheating techniques.
- 15+ year’s experience in application or infrastructure architecture or engineering
- You have technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- You have the skills to implement load, stress, performance and reliability testing standards at scale to improve service, platform and infrastructure resiliency
- Experience in risk management findings, vulnerability prioritization, threat modeling, and mitigation strategy
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins or Terraform
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety, securely