A community banking partner of ours in Santa Barbara, CA. is looking for a Director of Audit to join their growing organization. This person will work closely with the CRO and audit committee.
As a Director of Audit, you will:
- Develops the audit vision and associated Audit Program and Plan to provide timely information without bias and absolute integrity to business leaders.
- Sets the strategy for Internal Audit, Audit Governance & Sarbanes Oxley in alignment with the overall priorities. Draws on diverse sources of information (e.g., competitor, industry, economic) to develop strategies and identify business improvement opportunities and control enhancements.
- Provides leadership in the development of audit plans, procedures, and programs to evaluate the adequacy of the companys internal control environment.
- Completes the annual Audit Risk Assessment and revises the Audit Plan, accordingly, presenting both for approval to the Audit Committee.
- Prepares RFPs, recommends vendors, and negotiates contracts and engagements for outsourced audits on behalf of the Audit Committee.
- Partners with Risk Management on Transaction Testing and Model Validation Programs.
- Manages area related to Sarbanes-Oxley Act to maintain internal controls to ensure the identification of significant accounts, processes, assertions and risks, documentation of significant processes and the identification and evaluation of the control design, the performance of tests and controls, and the overall assessment of financial reporting and internal controls.
- Maintains strong working relationship with external auditors to ensure effectiveness of service delivery and appropriate resolution of findings/issues identified.
- Oversees internal audit processes of the enterprise as well as the specific administrative activities associated with operating Internal Audit (business planning, audit scoping, reporting, budgeting, workpaper review, etc.)
As a Director of Audit, you will need:
- BA degree in accounting or related area, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum 15 years of related experience, preferably at a financial institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing staff.
- Extensive (10+ years) experience in finance and accounting business processes to include auditing in a public company or top tier professional services firm highly desired.
- Awareness of operational responsibility for Regulatory and Audit issues:
- Outstanding strategic planning and management skills
- Exceptional accounting skills and knowledge of the business processes and systems necessary to execute work.
- Depth of knowledge of accounting theory, auditing standards, procedures, and related techniques.
- Knowledge of auditing information systems and systems designs.
- Ability to determine emerging risk management concepts and control models.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust.
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), CRA, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act (Title I), GLB Privacy Act, CCPA, Bank Bribery Laws, Civil Rights Act (Title VII), Family & Medical Leave Act, Wage and Hour Regulations, and applicable California Civil Code
- Regulatory and privacy and security concerns
- Appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies, and procedures. Regulations directly applicable to this position include Reg. CC, D, DD, E, B, C, H, O, U, X, and Z.
If you or someone in your network may be interested please send updated resume to email@example.com , or if you are wanting insight into current market trends we are seeing within the hiring and talent landscape, reach out to me directly.