8 months ago
The Director of BSA and Compliance collaborates with the bank's management to develop and maintain policies and procedures regarding products and services to ensure continuous compliance with all applicable federal & state laws and regulations. The Director of BSA and Compliance also briefs senior management on emerging trends and concerns in regulatory disseminations, and performs various requirements of the bank's Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for managing duties of Compliance team.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures regarding all the bank's products and services to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Develops policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with the SAFE Act. This includes, but is not limited to overseeing the initial and annual renewal registrations and training of all mortgage loan originators (MLOs).
- Develops and implements risk assessment programs to identify high risk regulations and related business processes. Utilizes results of assessments to determine any enhancements required to the operating area’s controls.
- Oversees all aspects of compliance with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). This includes, but is not limited to the creation of quarterly Loan Application Registers (LARs) and the annual LAR for all applicable business lines, ensuring any applicable new products and/or systems comply with HMDA, etc.
- Acts as the project lead for all major compliance-related initiatives. This includes identifying requirements, working with the business units to create procedures and training materials, etc.
- Analyzes all regulatory pronouncements relative to the banking industry. Periodically briefs senior management on changes to the regulatory environment.
- Provides recommendations and/or input to rectify compliance deficiencies/concerns to senior and executive management in the operational practices and/or procedures of existing and new products and services offered by the bank.
- Works with senior business managers to develop processes and procedures that document and measure effectiveness of compliance related business practices.
- In conjunction with the credit union training department, develops and delivers training on all compliance related initiatives throughout the bank.
- Ensures requirements of the bank's Bank Secrecy Act are met, including annual risk assessments, regulatory updates, reviewing/filing CTRs and SARs, reviewing large currency reports, maintaining BSA Exemption List, and processing FINCEN requests.
- Ensures merged and acquired entities are appropriately risk rated and reviewed relative to major compliance regulations as part of the acquisition and conversion process.
- Reviews and revises the credit union's forms, disclosures, notices, and advertising materials for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides assistance during the regulatory examination process.
- Participates in the annual performance review process, including writing and delivering reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business required; Masters preferred.
- 6+ or more years of audit, accounting, compliance or regulatory examiner experience or equivalent experience with emphasis on regulatory compliance issues with lending, operations and /or legal experience for a financial services organization
If this opportunity is of interest you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.