Los Angeles, CA, USA
7 months ago
We are working with a reputable Private Equity firm in Los Angeles who is looking for a Director of Compliance. The Director of Compliance will be responsible for responding to KYC requests regarding the organization and its principals as well as managing the firm’s vendor diligence program. The position reports directly into the Deputy CCO.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- 3+ years in a KYC role in a financial institution required
Roles & Responsibilities
- Function as the firm’s primary KYC compliance liaison for portfolio companies, departments, and vendors;
- Communicate effectively with relevant internal and external parties to create, verify and provide KYC deliverables in a timely manner;
- Evaluate existing vendors by updating, reviewing and verifying KYC records and documentation for completeness, ensuring received documentation is current, accurate and complete; collaborating with the other members of the compliance department to determine any changes to risk profile and assisting business sponsors with obtaining approvals for vendor exceptions;
- Establish a centralized vendor management system to ensure that files and risk assessments are current and up-to-date.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external parties to resolve KYC concerns, ensuring requests are completed consistently and in accordance with internal controls and policies
- Establish and maintain centralized KYC files with the firm’s main business and banking partners.
- Perform due diligence on new vendors, requesting, reviewing and verifying KYC information and documentation; collaborating with the other members of the compliance department to determine risk profile and assisting business sponsors with obtaining approvals for vendor exceptions;
- Continuously innovate by analyzing the firm’s KYC and vendor diligence processes and systems to identify, recommend and implement new processes, procedures and products to improve workflow efficiency;
- Understanding of legal entity structures and familiarity with organizational documents preferred but not required.
If this position is of interest to you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.