Palo Alto, CA, USA
7 months ago
We are currently searching for a Director of U.S. corporate compliance with pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience to take on a an exciting role with a biotechnology client based in Palo Alto, CA.
The Director of U.S. corporate compliance will be responsible for the integration of the corporate compliance program in the U.S. and supporting the oversight, management, and execution of elements of the compliance program. Furthermore, this function is responsible for driving the development of the US specific compliance requirements, especially in relation to HCP Interaction. This includes the development, implementing and interpreting policies and management of relevant policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guidance, and designing and implementing effective communication and training on those policies, procedures, and guidance.
This role will support business functions on day-to-day compliance issues as a key member of the corporate compliance team, the individual must have the appropriate level of business and compliance experience, as well as sound judgment to advise the business on complex compliance processes and compliance-related issues. This person must be able to work independently, successfully and collaboratively in a matrix environment. This person will also be expected to be able to bring independent provision of guidance and advice to colleagues on compliance and ethics matters. The position will sit in the US office in Palo Alto, California and report to the Head of Group Compliance, Risk & Trademarks who is based in Europe and consequently be willing and able to convey updated reports to the Head of Group Compliance and must be ready to seek guidance as applicable to ensure consistency between sites.
- Be a trusted corporate compliance advisor to the organization as well as management and be an advocate high level compliant culture.
- Develop and implement relevant policies and procedures and other material to support the corporate compliance function.
- Develop and implement relevant compliance processes in relation to HCP Interaction.
- Develop and manage the firms compliance with state and federal aggregate spend reporting and disclosure laws.
- Implement relevant data privacy procedures, support the business in third party screenings and represent the compliance function on committees as assigned (e.g., Medical Education Grants, Contributions, Sponsorships).
- Assist the organization identifying and prioritizing compliance risks on an ongoing basis, and through a robust compliance risk assessment process, develop and implement solutions to avoid or manage compliance risks.
- Assist with developing monitoring plans based on identified compliance risk.
- Prepare reports of compliance activities and metrics, support critical compliance initiatives and projects.
- Periodic travel.
Qualifications & Education:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; post-graduate degree or law degree may be a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a compliance function at a pharmaceutical/biotech firm.
- Strong communication, relationship management, analytical skills, and the ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch with an updated resume.