about 2 months ago
My team and I have partnered with a growing residential real estate investment firm. They are seeking a Director of Fund Accounting to oversee all phases of accounting and financial reporting for the company's investment funds while working closely with the VP of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversees the accounting cycle for two close-ended and one open-ended real estate investment funds
- Reviews and provides guidance to the Fund Accounting team as they prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, variance analyses, and cash flow projections
- Builds and maintains investment structures within Yardi’s Investment Management module
- Coordinates timing of and reviews investor capital calls and distributions
- Responsible for the creation and ongoing review of various performance measures and reporting calculations including customary to real estate investments funds
- Responsible for preparation of quarterly analytics for Investor reports
- Coordinates year-end fund audits and tax preparation by external accounting firms
- Supervises the departments treasury responsibilities including book and wire transfers
- Assists with development of, documentation, and maintenance of necessary internal controls, policies and procedures related to fund accounting
- Provides ad hoc analysis, reporting, and special projects, as needed
- Manages the Fund Accounting Department including training and development and provides staffing guidance to the Vice President of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, CPA strongly preferred
- Understanding of and experience in consolidation and fund accounting concepts and principles
- Understanding of GAAP and tax accounting relating to residential real estate properties
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred, but not required
- Prior experience managing a team in a deadline oriented environment with an external reporting component is preferred
- Excellent people skills, with a service-minded, willing-to-help, and proactive attitude
- Strong desire to improve processes and provide excellent accounting services
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, multi-task, and be a team player
- Strong Excel skillset
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to be employed by this company.
- Health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Hybrid work schedule
- Bonus structure
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
As a specialist recruiter, I focus on recruiting into the Finance and Accounting market within the Financial Services industry. If you are interested in this role please apply directly below or email your resume to J.Elliot@HamlynWilliams.com