San Francisco, California
6 months ago
We have partnered with an exciting Series A Fintech, backed by top-tier VC firms as well as strategic angels & leaders. They are looking for a Director of Legal & Compliance to join the team! As the Head of the Legal & Compliance team, you will work on the most exciting legal and regulatory issues the fintech and non-profit spaces have to offer. You will collaborate and be a trusted stakeholder in all major company decisions, ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work across all teams.
- Provide legal advice and inform critical strategic initiatives across all teams including Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Transaction Operations, Marketing, and Customer Success from the initial stages of product development to launch. You will be a trusted partner in building and adaptings products and services.
- Ensure compliance with US laws and regulations dealing with intellectual property, privacy, content regulation, commercial agreements, product functionality, and major legislation impacting the business.
- Experience identifying compliance requirements based on business and product operations and developing compliance risk management frameworks and programs to obtain and remain compliant
- Support commercial sales close process in finalizing contracts with customers and providing guidance during negotiations.
- Review products, services, and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies and manage external counsel as needed.
- Practical experience in SaaS, Marketplaces, Securities Law, and/or Non-Profit space. B2B experience is a must.
- Experience in interpreting the law and its application to issues and technology.
- You have a proven track record of successfully advising on product launches and features in the fintech and/or B2B SaaS space.
- Key player in identifying compliance and security issues in the Fintech industry and developing solutions and programs
- JD from a US law school or extensive demonstrated work experience in commercial contracts and agreements
- 8-12 years of combined external and in-house counsel.
You can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Fintech Compliance & Legal market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Fintech Companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Allison Hill, email@example.com or (619) 268-5395